Glass, like a cat, has many lives. It is 100% recyclable, which makes it the perfect material for both DIY lovers and eco-home improvers. In recent years, upcycling glass bottles has become a very popular way of reusing all those old commonplace wine and beer bottles lying around as a heavier emphasis has been put on recycling around the UK. That’s why we’ve created a glass bottle ideas moodboard to inspire you to get creative!
Glass is 100% recyclable and can be recycled endlessly without loss in quality or purity.
We wanted to share with you our favourite and most original upcycled glass bottle projects! Are you up for giving them a go?
24 Upcycling Glass Bottle Ideas
1. Upcycled glass bottle planter
2. Blue bottle garden path
Keep it simple and collect one colour of glass which you can use to separate pathways in your garden.
3. Blue glass bottle exterior design
Why not try your hands at some simple woodworking at create an outdoor piece for your garden? Imagine how incredible this looks when the sun shines through the bottles!
4. Blue and green bottle peacock!
Get your kids involved in this idea and create a peacock – why not experiment with other animals, too?
5. Outdoor candle made of a cut transparent bottle
Keep well lit during the long summer evenings with a homemade outdoor candle holder!
6. Multicoloured glass bottle fountain
7. Glass bottle temple wall
8. Jack Daniel’s bottle lamp, trinket box and soap dispenser
9. Wine bottle wall fountain
10. Bottle tree
11. Wine bottle interior fountain
12. Christmas tree of bottles
13. Wine bottle “Glass Bricks”
14. DIY bottle wind chime
15. Unique barrel and glass bottle fairy lights
16. Wine bottle fairy lights
17. Cut wine bottle hat rack
18. Bottle candle holders
19. Hanging liquor bottle lights
20. Crystal bottle hanging lights