Whether you’ve found yourself stuck at home solo, partnered up or with a family, you are not alone in wondering how to keep busy in the coming weeks. Whether it’s for a house in the countryside or a flat in the city, we’ve got lots of ideas to keep busy at home during this period. The next few weeks are an ideal opportunity for finally tackling your home and garden (or balcony!) DIY projects. So go on, make the most of this time to create, repair, organise or even redecorate your cozy living space.
A breath of fresh air, a splash of paint
Painting a wall often feels like the beginning of a new chapter. What’s more, it’s often just the ticket when you want to breathe new life into your living space. Start by choosing the wall you want to paint and then pick out the colour you want. We’ve got more clever painting tips and projects below for a range of styles and desired effects!
- A budding DIY painting enthusiast? We’ve got you covered! Our 10 simple painting tips for beginners is a great place to start.
- Looking for inspiration? These creative 21 one pot paint projects are quick and easy to do.
- If you want to create a statement wall try using decorative wall painting techniques, stenciling or even making your own custom wallpaper using a paint roller to really make an impact.
- For a trendy painting technique, why not try chalk painting. It’s easy and can be applied in a single coat. Here are 10 ideas for chalk painting furniture.
- Finally here are our Top 10 secrets to getting a stylish and smooth paint finish.
Bringing the outdoors inside: how to create a garden corner
A convenient and timely trend, creating your own garden corner indoors serves as a daily reminder of nature’s beauty – and bounty! Here are some ideas for keeping your plants fit and fabulous:
- Making a terrarium for your living space is also the ideal project for both budding gardeners and children with green fingers. Here are a few ideas on how to choose the right plants for it.
- Create a vertical garden: a magical version of the hanging planter that is easy to pull off or alternatively a stylish and practical moroccan concrete plant holder.
- Cut off from your vegetable garden? With this DIY tomato planter you can bring some vegetables to your home.
- What about growing your very own herb garden or a stylish indoor cactus garden?
- For an experiment with greenfingered children, why not regrow plants from leftover food waste?
- Not a fan of watering all the time? These self-watering planters will change the way you care for your plants!
Fun projects for kids off school
Keeping children busy is a whole new job in itself! Here are some projects that can help you pass the time while having fun with your family.
- Get your kids to share your DIY passion the right way, with these step by step skill building tips
- Entertain the kids and practice your DIY skills at the same time with these creative giant garden games, DIY connect 4 and football goal posts!
- Are you low on crafting materials? Our 16 easy plastic bottle crafts are quick, easy and practical to make from used plastic bottles.
- If you have a garden or an outside space, don’t miss out on these two articles written by our guest blogger Ciar Bryne. Child friendly garden activities and child friendly activities part 2.
- Love birds? These handy DIY bird feeder or bird box tips are bound to get the birdies singing for you 🙂
Landscaping inspiration for your garden
For those who are lucky enough to get out in their garden, it’s the perfect time to set up your outdoor space. Here are a list of ideas to keep you busy and prepare for Spring!
- For blossoming greenfingers who wish to transform their garden, try one of our 21 easy gardening tricks
- Get the whole family to dip their toes into gardening with these 10 easy ideas. Or how about growing an avocado tree?
- Get in some new planters to give your outdoor space a fresh look.
- These top 9 low maintenance flowers will add easy gorgeous colour to any planter or garden.
- Set up a drip irrigation system to make watering your garden a cinch.
Get a jump on your spring cleaning & repairing
Now that a new – and hopefully sunny – season is upon us, it’s time to make our homes shine bright! Here are some ideas for successful spring cleaning & repairs:
- Now is the time to clean the uncleanable with these easy tips and our 10 expert cleaning hacks.
- Dirty nooks and crannies days are numbered with our special guide to cleaning hard to reach places.
- These clever kitchen and bathroom organisation tricks will create space and keep them clutter-free.
- For simple tips to spruce up your home, check out these clever hacks for home repairs
Décor-enhancing ideas for every room in the house
DIY not quite your thing? You can still give your space a personal touch with these brilliant decorating ideas to keep you busy at home!
- For inspiration on redecorating, check out these DIY room decor and renovation tips.
- Create comfy spaces in your home with this clever guide to creative room dividers.
- Adding shelves to your living room will create a stylish focal point in your home, while this ladder shelf is a great option for DIY beginners to start with.
- Trendy geometric icosahedron ceiling lights can really set the tone for your home. For added lighting, why not create a DIY marquee design?
- Are you a fan of upcycling? Give your mirrors and dining chairs a new lease of life.
- In desperate need of a new coffee table? Finding a spare pallet is the only hard part of this project.
- Last but not least, why not organise your entrance hall?
Armed with these 50 inspirations and a little motivation, remember: YOU CAN DO IT!
Looking for materials for your projects? Visit manomano.co.uk to view our full selection of home & garden products.