Whether you live in a studio apartment or want to get more out of a small room, ManoMano’s small space design ideas will help get your creative ideas flowing. We have put together some of our best products and savvy tips for decorating small spaces on a budget.
Bedroom decor that won’t cost an arm and a leg!
Even those who don’t live in a palace deserve a bedroom that’s comfortable, practical, beautiful and conducive to a perfect night’s sleep.
Here are some tips on how to decorate a small room on a budget:
- First of all, sort, declutter and keep only the essentials.
- Optimise your storage: a large shelf, closet or chest of drawers… Your room will appear more spacious if things have been tidied up/hidden.
- Choose a comfortable bed with soft cushions and light-coloured sheets, which create an open and relaxed space.
- Consider adding some soft lighting elements (bedside lamp, fairy lights) to create a cosy atmosphere.
Why not do it yourself?
- Pallet headboard tutorial
- Check out our guide on making your own console table
- Read our tips & tricks on creating a cosy reading nook!
Check out our selection for affordable bedroom furnishings here.
Small space design: make a cosy living room
What’s the golden rule when it comes to furnishing small spaces? Be practical and optimise!
- For your sofa, opt for a two-seater convertible bed so you can host family and friends or, if you are in a studio, to sleep on at night.
- Consider getting a small coffee table: to save more space, go for higher instead of wider. And make sure it has extra storage space.
- If you need extra seating, simply invest in a few footstools for the floor or a single but inviting chair.
- To maximise space, avoid putting too much on the floor. Instead, opt for space-saving furniture such as shelves, wall-mounted TVs and ceiling lights. The less you have on the floor, the more space you’ll save.
- And consider adding a touch of nature with some small green plants!
Our tips on decorating living rooms on a budget:
- Create a big impact with creative homemade room dividers,
- Check out 5 ways to transform your home in a single brushstroke,
- For warmer weather, read our 6 easy tips to create a beautiful outdoor living space