Assistant UK Brand Manager – Internship/stage in Paris
ManoMano is the first marketplace specialised in DIY, home and gardening, launched by two passionate DIYers. Winner of Startup of the Year at the IMC Awards 2014 and shortlisted for Retail Week Awards 2018 as Emerging Retailer in the UK. Member of Google Scale Up, the programme by Google for the 10 most innovative startups in France.
Launched in 2013 in France, today we are present in 6 countries: France, Belgium, Spain, Italy, UK and Germany.
ManoMano has gone from a small bootstrapping team to over 160 people from 10 different nationalities, all motivated and united by a clear and ambitious goal: to make home improvement and gardening projects easy and affordable for all, while getting a little handy themselves.
If you want to work for a startup in a fast-paced environment, with a young, friendly, and dynamic team, as well as having a real impact on growth… then this is the adventure for you.
We are looking for new top talents to join our team in the heart of Paris, including a creative, passionate intern who will help ManoMano build up its brand awareness in the UK.
We’re looking for a marketing communications intern to work closely with the Brand Manager UK to develop brand awareness and exposure in the UK using various channels: our website and blog, events, partnerships, public & press relations, media, social networks…
This internship will give you hands on, practical skills in all areas of online communications and will develop your analytical and strategic capacities. No time for being the “photocopy kid”, you will play a central role in the European Communications team.
What You’ll Do:
Under direct supervision of the Brand Manager UK, you will:
- help create and manage editorial calendars across all communication platforms
- be in charge of the company blog
- give a hand finding top, news-worthy PR stories
- create and curate content across our social media accounts and analyse the results
- help implement various marketing communications campaigns both online and offline
- monitor the latest trends and benchmark competitors
- help with translations where necessary (French to English)
Who You Are:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Motivated with the ability to work independently and effectively manage workload
- Curious and yearning for hands-on experience in marketing, communications and community management
- Creative and brimming with innovative ideas – the crazier the better!
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, startup environment where innovation and versatility is key.
- A good digital and social media culture
- A keen eye for DIY, home improvement or gardening is a bonus
- Native-level/fluency in English is mandatory
- Knowledge of relevant English industry, habits and culture
- Good knowledge of French (written and spoken) is a must
What ManoMano has to offer:
- A fast-growing environment on the FrenchTech startup scene
- Autonomy with a very broad scope
- An international team
- A pleasant setting in Paris (subway station Pereire) in more than 3,000 m² / 32,000 sq ft of brand new offices with a gym and a terrace
- 50% of your commuting costs covered
- France’s mythical restaurant tickets
- A great atmosphere (average age of 28)
- A games room with table football, ping pong and video games
- A relaxation room
- A do-it-yourself workshop
- and many more surprises in store with our Chief Happiness Officer…
This is a paid, full-time internship for 6 months starting in March 2018 and will be based in Paris (West, 15 minutes from Arc de Triomphe).
If you’re ready to join our adventure, please send your CV and cover letter to: [email protected]