The long weekend is when we get out the tools and tackle those little jobs around the house and in the garden. We’ve rounded up some of the most pressing jobs to tick off this Easter. So, once you’ve finished the egg hunt and polished off the hot cross buns, your tool box awaits!
Easter Jobs Outside
- Although no one ever enjoys this part of gardening, it is crucial: weeding. Take the opportunity of an extra day to really make an impact on those perennial weeds. Make sure you get the complete roots out to make a lasting impact on those pesky plants.
- Take care of your lawn! We wrote about this in our Essential Garden Jobs For April post in more detail, but a small amount of now will see great rewards come summer. Give your lawn some TLC with fertiliser and some weeding. While you’re doing the lawn, giving the edges a trim can give your garden an instantly more polished feel.
- At this time of year plants are getting going and will appreciate all the extra nutrients they can get. Grab some compost and then top dress your pot plants. An inch or so of compost in each pot will help to improve soil structure and your plants will show their appreciation later on.
- These three days are a great opportunity to take a look at your landscaping. Consider adding colour with pot plants or creating a paved area. Alternately use this opportunity to add new upright structures to your garden, like arches or obelisks.
Easter Jobs Inside
- Have your walls been feeling a little tired lately? Take this opportunity to stock up on some paint and give your walls a refresh. For useful tips, have a look at our guide to get a perfect finish on every job. Before you get started, make sure that you have more paint than you expect to need and a good drop cloth in case of accidents.
- There are always a myriad of little jobs to be done, and shelves tend appear frequently on these to-do lists. Get out the level and cross off the shelves once and for all. If you’re feeling up for a challenge, consider getting creative with your shelving and adding a floating shelf.
- Have you got any old, tired pieces of furniture hanging around? Give them a new lease on life by refurbishing with paint or reupholstering cushions. If you aren’t confident with paint, spray paint comes is a wide range of bold colours and provides excellent cover. With the trend for rich, jewel tones currently popular you can bring a pop of colour into your home with a smart makeover of old furniture.
- Finally, clear out some more space in your garage. If you didn’t manage a spring clean earlier on in the year, get out into the garage now. You can get rid of rubbish and organise everything ready for summer. Be sure to check what the opening hours are at the local tip first! And if you can see gaps in your toolbox, you can even stock up from the thousands of products on offer at manomano.co.uk.