Pallets pallets everywhere. Cheap, easy to find and reusable, pallets have become the DIYer’s new best friend. What would you say if we told you that you could make a DIY swimming pool out of pallets?
Well you can, and in just 5 easy steps!
What you’ll need:
- 9 pallets
- 3 sheets of heavy duty tarpaulin
- 4 lashing straps
- A dozen old sheets or towels
- Duct tape
- Bamboo roll down blinds
- Hammer and nails (or staple gun)
- Wooden boards
Step by step instructions on how to make your own DIY swimming pool:
1. Place the first sheet of heavy duty tarpaulin on level ground and then stand your pallets on end to make a circle.
2. You will need to reinforce the swimming pool structure. Nail the wooden boards along the top of the pallets and down the sides (where the pallets join). Hold the pallets and the wooden boards tightly in place using the lashing straps.
3. Place and fasten the second tarpaulin sheet on the inside of the structure.
TOP TIP: Use a bunch of old towels and sheets to line the inside of the pool. Take care to staple them securely to the pallets as this will prevent any damage to the pool liner!
4. Now the protective layers are securely in place. Put the final tarpaulin sheet on the inside of the pool. Duct tape the pool liner in place before attaching it permanently.
5. Cut the width of the bamboo blind to the height of the pool. Once the right size, fix the bamboo to the outside of the pool. Finally, place the remaining boards to serve as the top edge shelf.
And there you have it, your very own homemade DIY Swimming Pool made out of pallets!
For those of you who would just prefer the pool without the DIY, you can find all of our swimming pools right here.
Now you just need a sunny weekend…