Find a selection of our press features below. For press enquiries, please visit our dedicated press contact page or contact email@example.com.
We found the 5 most amazing DIY projects in Europe!
What is The Amazing Making Of?
The Amazing Making Of is a web series depicting DIYers who have started amazing, wild projects.
The idea is to share the stories of those incredible makers, doers, inventors, and creators across 5 European countries by giving them the visibility that they deserve. We held a competition throughout June to find these makers and we had so many incredible applications! Each country has as winner who will receive £5,000 towards tools and materials for their project, and they will become the star of their own episode later this year (don’t miss out and subscribe to our YouTube channel here!)– amazing, right?!
UK WINNER – Gavin Munro
Designer & artist, Gavin Munro trains trees to grow in a certain way allowing him to grow solid and unique furniture (chairs, tables, lamps, etc.). Each tree takes 4 to 6 years to grow. It’s nature’s very own 3D printer!
Make sure to follow our YouTube Channel to be the first to know about Gavin’s inspirations, method and difficulties regarding his work when his episode airs!
FRANCE WINNER – Xavier Pilorge
Passionate about cars and welding, this Father and Son team have recently started to construct their own buggy from scratch!
SPAIN WINNER- Iván Lopez Negredo
These eighteen year olds built their own functioning plane from scratch!
GERMANY WINNER- Maximilian Auerbach
Maximilian recycled old bicycles to create a heard of 8 operating high-tech animals.
While we start the countdown to filming our winners, let us know which project you like best by heading onto our Twitter page!
Until then, keep an eye on our Youtube Channel and send us your own DIY project to our Instagram @manomano.co.uk – we love seeing what you’ve been making!
ManoMano is a team (quirky family) of enthusiastic DIYers who wake up every day with one objective: to make your home improvement and gardening projects easier. We choose the best products and best brands so that you can choose from the biggest range of products at the lowest prices. You will also find all the necessary advice to start (and finish) your home improvement and gardening projects – we are here to help!
How does the website work?
ManoMano is a marketplace, a trustworthy intermediary between you and the seller who sells their products on our site. We do not own any stock and we do not handle logistics: the sellers send your products directly to you.
What do we do?
– We find the cheapest DIY, home improvement and gardening specialists, and then negotiate preferential and exclusive prices just for you.
– We choose these sellers based on very strict criteria to ensure quality, reliability and that they update their stock in real time.
– We guarantee that the delivery is in compliance with the seller shipping methods.
– Our customer service is here to answer all of your questions and is your first port of call to help you contact the sellers.
Finally, to provide you with extra online security, ManoMano uses ADYEN to handle its payments. The amount of your purchase is only unblocked and transferred to the seller when your product has been delivered and you are satisfied with your purchase.
2011-2012 : IDEAS & BEGINNINGS
Once upon a time Philippe & Christian were working in the same office, spending coffee breaks discussing their DIY tips, successes and fails. They often spent their weekends doing odd jobs, renovating, building and gardening. They soon realised that there was something missing in the world of online DIY and gardening. From their entrepreneurial flame and their frustration with the lack choice and advice online, ManoMano was born. One year later, after much market research and hard work convincing their wives, they quit their jobs and launched ManoMano.
JANUARY 2016: MANOMANO ARRIVES IN THE UK
Encouraged by the success stories in France and Belgium, and then in Spain and Italy… It was the obvious choice to launch ManoMano in the UK. After all, the Brits have the most beautiful lawns and gardens of all Europe. Our goal is to bring the best tools at the best prices to help British lawns and homes become even worthier of a royal award.
Today, there are over 950 000 customers on our site, choosing from a million products offered by 500 sellers across France, Spain, Italy, the UK and Germany. And if ever you fancied dropping by to see us, you’ll discover almost 300 dedicated employees, with our basil plants growing in the kitchen, our workshop to make our own DIY office storage, our ping pong table where we regularly have competitions, and that we are all excited about your DIY home improvement and gardening projects.
Thank you for stopping by! We hope to see you soon on ManoMano.co.uk!
Retail Week Finalist
DIY Week Finalist
IMC Awards Gold in the E-Commerce Website category
EBG Award for Digital Innovation
IMC Awards Gold in the E-Commerce category
Prix EDHEC Best Entrepreneur of the Year
FEVAD Gold for the Most Promising E-Commerce
Chosen by Google for their Scale-up Programme
Obtain the Pass French Tech
IMC Awards Gold in the Startup category
2nd prize Start-up Academy in the Business Development category
Visit us at www.manomano.co.uk
Competition Time: The Amazing Making Of
On International DIY day (Thursday 24th May), we decided to celebrate the day of creativity and general love for DIY and splinters by launching the competition #TheAmazingMakingOf.
If you have a wacky project on the go, could do with a £5000 helping hand and want to star in our web series then apply below!
This is a unique opportunity for all of you who have an amazing project on the go! We are looking for DIY projects that are innovative, creative and just that little bit different to anything we’ve ever seen before. We drill-y want to give you a helping hand of £5000 and to share your story to millions of people across Europe.
What is an ‘amazing’ project?
For us, a wild project is…
…a DIY project made from scratch.
…thrilling, exciting and extraordinary.
…a creation that tells a unique, personal story.
…basically, an amazing, jaw-dropping project!
At ManoMano, we believe that DIY isn’t just limited to your home or garden. We want to bring inspiring, crazy and fun projects into the spotlight so that others can relive the many emotions that you felt whilst creating it!
A wild project is, above all, a state of mind – you need a hint of madness to embark on an adventure like this! We’re looking for people who are capable of stepping up and overcoming challenges… just for the fun of it. We’re not just looking for the perfect DIY story, we want to see the honesty behind the scenes: the overcome failures, frustrations, time spent, moments of self-denial, patience and tenacity.
See Jonathan’s story below as a perfect example!
If that sounds right up your street, then we can’t wait for you to get in touch!
What is The Amazing Making Of Web Series?
THE AMAZING MAKING OF is a web series depicting DIYers who have started amazing, wild projects.
The idea is to share the stories of those incredible makers, doers, inventors, and creators across 5 European countries by giving them the visibility that they deserve. Each winner will become the star of their own episode – amazing, right?!
The competition is open from the 24th May to 24th June 2018. Find more information at https://www.theamazingmakingof.co.uk
- To enter you must: submit a photo of something you made, along with a description of why you’re proud of it, to either the ManoMano Facebook page or the page https://manomanonetwork.typeform.com/to/nksEfh
- Entries can only be made once by each person with one Facebook account. Third party entries will not be accepted.
- Entries into the prize draw can be made between 8am GMT on 31st March 2018 and 11:59pm on 8th April 2018. Entries received after this date will not be entered into the prize draw. This prize draw is open to all residents of the UK age 18 years and over.
- There is 1 prize to be won. The prize consists of £150 worth of vouchers for the website www.manomano.co.uk.
- The prize is not transferable and there is no cash alternative.
- There will be 1 winner, who will be chosen at random. ManoMano’s decision on all matters relating to the competition is final and binding. No correspondence can be entered into.
- The winner will be notified via Facebook within 3 working days of the closing date. The winner must provide their contact details for the prize to be sent out to them. If ManoMano does not hear from the winner within 5 working days of sending out the notification, the prize will be forfeited and another winner will be selected and contacted until the prize has been issued. The prize will be dispatched within 30 days upon receiving the winners’ contact details.
- ManoMano reserves the right to withdraw the entry, terminate the prize draw or declare void any entry in the event of actual fraud in its sole opinion.
- No responsibility is accepted for entries that may be lost or delayed in transmission. ManoMano will not accept responsibility for any technical or other error that might arise whilst submitting an entry.
- Entry into the prize draw is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- By submitting your contact details in connection with your entry you agree that ManoMano may use your details to contact you about your entry.
- Any personal data relating to entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party outside of ManoMano without the individual’s prior consent.
- ManoMano may withdraw this competition where necessary if circumstances arise that are beyond its control at any time without notice. English law governs these terms and conditions and the English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising from or in relation to these terms and conditions.